Sunday, August 22, 2010

Getting Settled

I had a mandatory meeting on Friday where I met the people I will be working with for my assistantship, and I got to see my office for the first time!  Not too big, but definitely all I need.  I have an office mate, and it looked like he might be a second year because there were already books on the bookshelf and stuff on the other desk in the room.  I guess I'll meet him sometime this week.  I also learned that I'll be assisting in teaching one lab section and independently teaching two lab sections of Bio 111.  I'm looking forward to it!

Yesterday, Sarah and I sat down to make a list of churches we plan to visit in the next several weeks.  We started with visiting one this morning that we both really liked.  We'll definitely visit again as we begin our voyage to find a new church home. 

There is a picnic today outside the main office of our apartment complex, so we hope to meet some of our neighbors and make more connections.  Tomorrow is a big day, as Sarah goes back to work, and I begin my first week of classes and working. 

Check back often!
Ben

1 comment: