Wednesday, January 30, 2013

It's Been a While

Well, I think it's been too long.  Not sure how time got away from us, but I am hoping to be able to keep this a bit more updated than before.  So what's new?

-- I finished my Master's degree, and now have two letters behind my name.
-- Last spring, we moved to an apartment that is farther from campus, and not even owned by the school.  This was definitely a great move for us.  The apartment is larger and allows pets, which leads me to my next point.
-- We have a dog! We've had him for about 9 months now.  His name is Helix (yes, Helix with an H), and he's a jack russell/yorkie mix.  I'm glad to have a dog again, though he is quite active!
-- Sarah is in her last semester of her MA program for public relations.  She's in the middle of her creative project (equivalent to a thesis), but I'll let her explain more when she gets a chance.

Not a lot of new stuff to report on my end.  Still in school, though in December I reached the halfway point of my graduate school career (5 semesters down, 5 to go).  That was definitely a milestone I had been looking forward to.  The goal for this doc program I'm in is for completion in six semesters, which is ideally divided into 3 semesters of pure coursework, and 3 semesters of mostly dissertation research and writing credits (with maybe a couple of classes I wasn't able to take in the first 3 semesters).  So I am in my 2nd semester of this program, and knee deep in the coursework.  Fortunately, I actually enjoy every class I have this semester, some more than others of course. 

This is an exciting semester, as I am knocking out 4 courses for my program, and Sarah is bringing her program to a close in May or early summer.  She's starting the preliminary search for a job, so we're just keeping our eyes open and seeing what God does there.  We also remain active in our church, and have taken on the role of temporary small group leaders, which has provided us with an opportunity to do something we haven't done before. 

Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment