Thursday, January 27, 2011

Hello There

Just writing to give a few updates.  We are definitely in the dead of winter here.  Snow has covered the ground pretty much this entire month.  We had some very Arctic-like temperatures last week, but fortunately it's back in the 20s now:)

Sarah's job is still going well; it's keeping her pretty busy.  I, too, am now quite busy again; we are three weeks into the spring semester.  I am teaching the same class I taught last semester, which is nice.  But I am teaching an additional section of it, so it requires a bigger time commitment.  Fortunately, since I've already taught it once, I know what I'm doing and it comes pretty easily. 

I also have a harder course load.  I'm taking a class on the polymerase chain reaction, which is a way to rapidly multiply DNA.  I'm also taking a class that focuses on cell cultures, which involves growing cells in petri dishes.  My last class is called Research Design & Presentation, and it is going to be immensely helpful.  It is a class designed to aid us in the development of our thesis proposals.  It's going to be a lot of work, but I'm so glad a class like this exists. 

That's all I can think of for now!

Ben

No comments:

Post a Comment