Tuesday, September 7, 2010

We are currently listening to...

A Copland Celebration, a collection of some of the greatest works of the composer Aaron Copland.  I just wrote a review of this collection for iTunes, where I commented on his vast composing ability: his ability to capture all ranges of human emotion.  One of his more famous compositions does this most powerfully: Appalachian Spring Suite, a fourteen-movement piece lasting thirty-two minutes.  It is his best piece, in my opinion.  Ah, I love music.

In other news, life continues.  I am getting in the groove of things at school, and Sarah's job is going well.  Her boss told her that she will soon be promoted to full-time, which is a blessing.  She is also getting busier, but she is enjoying the work. 

We just had a relaxing three-day weekend where we did a lot of laundry and some general housekeeping.  My good friend Corey was able to come visit us on Monday, which was great.  We hadn't seen each other since the wedding in May.

We are visiting different churches every Sunday in our continued quest to find a new place of worship.  So far, we have liked all of them in different ways.  We will continue to visit other churches in the next few weeks.  We pray that God will make it clear where He wants us to be.

I have finished a second draft of my curriculum vitae.  I have expatiated on some of the sections in my first draft, and I have added a few new sections.  It's coming together pretty nicely. 

Take care,
Ben

1 comment:

  1. He will make it clear. Simply surrender and listen.

    So you expounded copiously?

    Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete